JOIN THE ATLAS TEAM
EXPLORE CURRENT ATLAS JOB OPENINGS
Changing the game takes serious talent. That’s why ATLAS is always on the lookout for the best and brightest in the industry. We’re looking for passionate, hard-working leaders to join us as we continue to grow.
ATLAS Space Operations is currently hiring. Please see below to learn more about our current openings. We look forward to hearing from you.
ATLAS Space Operations is the fastest-growing teleport operator in the world according to the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10, and was recognized as the 15th fastest-growing software company in the Inc. 5000, ranking 102 overall. ATLAS provides secure, global space communications that drive critical decisions on Earth – all supported by Freedom™, ATLAS’ cloud-based platform. ATLAS’ global network and revolutionary software provides a revolutionary approach to connecting humanity through space. Our mission is to become the world’s largest provider of pure play teleport and gateway services by leveraging the virtualization of global ground communication assets.
ATLAS is searching for a self-motivated and experienced space professional to deliver solutions for our clients through highly effective interactions involving face-to-face, virtual, and written contacts. In this Sales Engineering role, you will work with existing and new clients to create and communicate how ATLAS’ Software as a Service and global ground station network provide a reliable, secure and cost effective platform for communicating with space vehicles. Working as part of the sales team, you will demonstrate the technical features of our products, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations.
Key duties include working with the ATLAS Sales Team to identify opportunities, compose proposals/quote/service orders, and act as a link between ATLAS and clients. This position requires an understanding of satellite ground network operations and the technical requirements of supported spacecraft and launch vehicles. The successful candidate will be curious and will need to stay up-to-date with emerging technology, while also fully understanding current satellite RF communication methods. Self-study and research are required. In addition to traveling to client locations, the global nature of ATLAS operations often requires sales representatives to accommodate work hours of clients and activities located in different time zones.
- Develop extensive knowledge of our products to include service, hardware, and software
- Support growing sales opportunities and lean forward in demonstrating technical features and benefits of our products
- Review and respond to technical segments of request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) activities
- Evaluate and process mission requirements specifications
- Develop Statements of Work for defining expectations
- Participate in product feature development activities
- Work with technical, operations, and leadership teams to ensure customer requirements are met
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships that foster customer trust and confidence
- Advance the company’s reputation as a technological leader in satellite communications
- Participate in ATLAS team activities not directly related to customer engagement to include supporting staff activities and the capture process
- Utilize company software tools such as Salesforce, Jira, Grafana, STK, and G-Suite
and execute satellite communications teleport installations
- Familiarity of ground communications sub-system and high-level technical understanding of how ground communications are set up and used
- Current US Citizenship (clearable for US DoD Security Clearance)
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced workplace
- Network infrastructure knowledge (TCP/IP communication), cloud computing
- Strong customer interaction, positive teamwork engagement and conflict management skills
- Experience within the space industry, specifically RF ground communications
- Experience developing new accounts by researching and identifying potential leads, soliciting new business, building connections, providing technical information and advice, and preparing quotes
- Undergraduate engineering degree
- 2+ years of technical field support of hardware and software solutions
- 2+ years of application support experience
- 2+ years of system infrastructure support experience
- Location: Traverse City, MI (preferred)
- Travel is anticipated
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS INTERN PROGRAM
ATLAS is currently seeking the best and brightest budding talent to join our Intern Program. Offering year-round and summer programs, you’ll have a front row seat as ATLAS transforms the space communication industry.
Internships are available across business divisions at ATLAS, giving you the chance to get first hand experience in the New Space world. Join us as we tackle unique challenges with unique solutions.
Don’t see anything that fits your skill? Keep checking back periodically. As ATLAS continues to grow, so do our needs.