ATLAS Space Operations connects humanity through space, driving valuable and actionable changes here on Earth. Leveraging Freedom™, our proprietary communications platform, ATLAS provides secure and scalable global satellite communications. Freedom is powerful and adaptable, providing services for government agencies and private sector clients, while also supporting ground networks outside of ATLAS.
ATLAS has been recognized as #1 on the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10—a ranking of the fastest-growing teleport operators in the world— and placed #102 on the Inc. 5000, rounding out our success by taking #15 among software companies. Unique to ATLAS is our position on the Vet100, a subset of the Inc. 5000 that highlights the fastest-growing veteran-owned companies in America. This recognition carried special importance for the ATLAS team, many of whom are veterans of our nation’s military.
ATLAS is looking to hire someone to perform basic daily office management functions while assisting the ATLAS leadership team as a team-oriented individual who is capable of multitasking to broadly support ATLAS business objectives, regardless of the exact role or function which needs to be performed.
- Developing and executing procedures to ensure network performance exceeds internal and customer service level commitments
- Identify, analyze and resolve network operational issues impacting ATLAS service to customer space missions
- Interacting with customers, vendors, and remote location technical support staff to coordinate resolution strategies and actions
- Plans and coordinates day-to-day network operation activities and scheduling to include coordinating site downtime, maintenance windows, software upgrades, and customer communications
- Ensuring issue resolution actions are executed to successful completion
- Monitoring and managing providers of power and internet service to ATLAS ground stations
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with managing multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adjusting to changing priorities
- Experience in managing emails, calendars, and schedules
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to understand and adopt online collaboration tools and design/program management applications
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work as required to meet company milestones
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized with excellent time management skills
- US Citizenship
- Location: This position requires reporting to ATLAS headquarters located in Traverse City, MI.
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS Space Operations, Inc. is a Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency Silver Level Veteran Friendly Employer. We encourage all qualified veterans, members of the National Guard or Reserves, and military spouses to apply for this job posting. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.