Network / Systems Engineer
ATLAS Space Operations connects humanity through space, driving valuable and actionable changes here on Earth. Leveraging Freedom™, our proprietary communications platform, ATLAS provides secure and scalable global satellite communications. Freedom™ is powerful and adaptable, providing services for government agencies and private sector clients, while also supporting ground networks outside of ATLAS.
ATLAS has been recognized as #1 on the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10—a ranking of the fastest-growing teleport operators in the world— and placed #102 on the Inc. 5000, rounding out our success by taking #15 among software companies. Unique to ATLAS is our position on the Vet100, a subset of the Inc. 5000 that highlights the fastest-growing veteran-owned companies in America. This recognition carried special importance for the ATLAS team, many of whom are veterans of our nation’s military.
Install, configure, administer, and maintain network and information systems, and CI/CD pipelines to enhance company development, system, and security operations. Interfaces with customers, product vendors, service providers, security auditors, and co-workers to align efforts with company priorities and in accordance with project milestones and constraints. Network / Systems Engineers are expected to be self-driven analytical thinkers with a drive to solve problems, able to work well as part of a team and individually, and proactive in challenging situations. The Network / Systems Engineer must have the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain on-premise and cloud Network and Information systems (AWS VPC/EC2/RDS, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Servers, etc.)
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain Microservices/Containerization platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, etc.)
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain infrastructure Network Monitoring Systems (Nagios, Grafana, etc.)
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain DevSecOps CI/CD and Runbook Automation systems (Rundeck, Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain centralized logging systems (Graylog, Cloudwatch, Filebeat, Syslog, etc.)
- Provide continuous improvement to Software Build and Deployment pipelines and processes
- Work with both internal and external groups to ensure systems are securely integrated, configured, managed, and supported in production
- Integrate existing automation, security operations, and network monitoring systems
- Automate repeatable processes for infrastructure systems management
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of company network/system policies, controls, and standards
- Respond to incidents and work with operations and security personnel to resolve the problem and return systems to normal operating conditions
- Conduct system anomaly investigation and resolution to support operations
- Create and maintain user and in-house technical documentation
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles / technical notes as solutions are identified
- Provide training and guidance to new team members
- Actively participate in and/or lead projects as assigned in order to achieve company goals
- Additional systems administration and DevSecOps duties as required
Skills / Qualifications:
- Active AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional certification
- 2+ years of experience working in a DevSecOps role
- 3+ years of experience working in a Network or Systems role handling on premise and cloud infrastructures
- 3+ years of Linux System Administration experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Security, or related field or equivalent combination of IT certifications and experience
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), CI/CD systems (CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Jenkins), and Linux operating system support
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Experience in a diverse systems environment with system integration, system engineering, and computer and server security experience
- Experience with hardening network devices and Linux servers
- Ability to perform routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance on complex systems as required
- Practice absolute confidentiality and unquestionable ethics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work as required to meet company milestones
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- US Citizenship
- Location: This position is remote or can be based at ATLAS headquarters located in Traverse City, MI.
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy.
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
ATLAS is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.