Project Manager: Network Development
ATLAS Space Operations connects humanity through space, driving valuable and actionable changes here on Earth. Leveraging Freedom™, our proprietary communications platform, ATLAS provides secure and scalable global satellite communications. Freedom is powerful and adaptable, providing services for government agencies and private sector clients, while also supporting ground networks outside of ATLAS.
ATLAS has been recognized as #1 on the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10—a ranking of the fastest-growing teleport operators in the world— and placed #102 on the Inc. 5000, rounding out our success by taking #15 among software companies. Unique to ATLAS is our position on the Vet100, a subset of the Inc. 5000 that highlights the fastest-growing veteran-owned companies in America. This recognition carried special importance for the ATLAS team, many of whom are veterans of our nation’s military.
ATLAS is searching for Project Manager to lead Network Development and assist us in expanding our Global presence to meet the demands of the burgeoning space marketplace. Key responsibilities include evaluation of several location options for various projects and present cost benefit analysis to best meet customer and market demands. In support of business development objectives, this position synthesizes solutions, cost estimates and implementation schedules for input to the sales proposal generation process. This position interfaces with customers, product vendors, service providers and co-workers to align efforts with company priorities and in accordance with project milestones and constraints. All tasks leading ATLAS to building the most cost effective and reliably performing network required to connect humanity through space.
- Analyze customer technical and operational requirements to support network development and expansion planning
- Maintain network development roadmap to influence long term infrastructure growth expectations
- Work with company stakeholders to generate a common expansion roadmap
- Responsible for site prospecting, land banking and maintaining relationships while evaluating multiple solutions
- Site development from the concept level through site survey, design, permits, civil work installation, maintenance and lease renewals
- Pertaining to new locations; Develop scope, schedule, budget and coordinate with external vendors/subcontractors and ATLAS engineering personnel
- Apply project management practices in the timely and cost efficient execution of expansion efforts
- Present project development cost variations, risk assessments and time tracking reports regularly
- Support ATLAS marketing and sales functions, pertaining to network development roadmap
Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to demonstrate direct experience with strategic project planning, project resource planning, budget planning and estimation
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate cross-culturally
- Requires analytical and problem solving skills to analyze data, as well as do research, diagnose and solve problems
- Aptitude to understand and adopt online collaboration tools and design/program management applications
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work as required to complete projects on time and to high level of quality
- Knowledge or experience in satellite systems or satellite network design, and operations is a plus
- US Citizenship
- Location: ATLAS headquarters is located in Traverse City, MI. Candidates need not move to Traverse City to fill this position. Remote work is approved.
- This position may require some travel to remote locations for survey, evaluation and relationship maintenance.
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy.
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.