ATLAS Space Operations is the fastest-growing teleport operator in the world according to the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10, and was recognized as the 15th fastest-growing software company in the Inc. 5000, ranking 102 overall. ATLAS provides secure, global space communications that drive critical decisions on Earth – all supported by Freedom™, ATLAS’ cloud-based platform. ATLAS’ global network and revolutionary software provides a revolutionary approach to connecting humanity through space. Our mission is to become the world’s largest provider of pure play teleport and gateway services by leveraging the virtualization of global ground communication assets.
Our culture of innovation encourages and rewards people who charge towards challenges. At ATLAS, each of us embraces constant learning and enjoys innovating as part of a team. We hold each other accountable to always working with integrity and making improvements to best achieve organization goals.
ATLAS is searching for a self-motivated and experienced space professional to deliver solutions for our clients through highly effective interactions involving face-to-face, virtual, and written contacts. In this Sales role you will work with existing and new clients to create and communicate how ATLAS SaaS and global ground station network provide a reliable, secure and cost effective platform for communicating with space vehicles. Working as part of the sales team, you will demonstrate the technical features of our products, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations.
Key duties include working with the ATLAS Sales Team to identify opportunities, compose proposals/quote/service orders, and act as a link between ATLAS and clients. This position requires an understanding of satellite ground network operations and the technical requirements of supported spacecraft and launch vehicles. Self-study and research is required. The successful candidate will be curious and will need to stay up-to-date with emerging technology while also fully understanding current satellite RF communication methods. In addition to traveling to client locations, the global nature of ATLAS operations often requires sales representatives to accommodate work hours of clients and activities located in different time zones.
- Stay current with Satellite industry company news, identifying prospective customers that potentially need ATLAS communication Services.
- Contact prospective and existing clients with ATLAS value proposition, challenging status quo with improved ATLAS solution.
- Identify and shape opportunities, sell and keep sold, and extend contracts
- Participate in industry events
- Develop extensive knowledge of our product range to include service, hardware and software
- Develop compelling proposals as well as complimentary material such as ROMs, service orders, whitepapers that communicate the ATLAS value proposition
- Work with technical, operations, and leadership team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Through customer engagement, build and maintain strong professional relationships that foster trust and confidence
- Advance the company’s reputation as a technological leader in satellite communications
- Participate in ATLAS team activities not directly related to customer engagement to include supporting staff activities and sales process
- Utilize company software tools such as Salesforce, Jira, Confluence
- Background selling technical solution, and high-level technical understanding of computer networking and digital communications
- Current US Citizenship (clearable for US DoD Security Clearance)
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Able to juggle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced workplace
- Strong customer interaction, positive teamwork engagement, and conflict management skills
- Minimum 2+ years outside sales experience
- Experience within the space industry, specifically RF ground communications
- Experience developing new accounts by researching and identifying potential leads, soliciting new business, building connections, providing technical information and advice, and preparing quotes
- A four year university degree or equivalent experience.
- 20% Travel is anticipated
- Benefits include competitive salary, medical, dental, and retirement programs; highly flexible vacation policy
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.