Software Development Engineer: Level 1
ATLAS Space Operations is the fastest-growing teleport operator in the world according to the World Teleport Association’s Fast 10, and was recognized as the 15th fastest-growing software company in the Inc. 5000, ranking 102 overall. ATLAS provides secure, global space communications that drive critical decisions on Earth – all supported by Freedom™, ATLAS’ cloud-based platform. ATLAS’ global network and revolutionary software provides a revolutionary approach to connecting humanity through space. Our mission is to become the world’s largest provider of pure play teleport and gateway services by leveraging the virtualization of global ground communication assets.
Our culture of innovation encourages and rewards people who charge towards challenges. At ATLAS, each of us embraces constant learning and enjoys innovating as part of a team. We hold each other accountable to always working with integrity and making improvements to best achieve organization goals.
With ATLAS, You’ll Get To:
- Redefine the SATCOM industry
- Support launch and operations of countless space mission
- Charge toward the problems with razor-sharp colleagues
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about technology and are excited to work in satellite communications. You’re an agile self-starter and love the nitty gritty to find root causes and solve problems. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You get results. You’re motivated by a fast-paced work environment and love new challenges. You want to make a real difference.
The ATLAS Software team holds ultimate responsibility for architecting the Freedom™ Software Platform and enhancing our shared satellite communications network. Our mission is simple: to change the satellite communications industry forever. For decades, aerospace mega-corporations have built systems with antiquated technologies and inefficient strategies. ATLAS is here to modernize satellite communications so that access to space becomes as simple as access to a cell phone network. Joining ATLAS will put you in the heart of the team that will drive this change.
ATLAS ATLAS is looking for a Software Developer Engineer eager to learn the ATLAS satellite communication system and to expand the skillsets of our diverse software team. In this role, you will leverage programming skills to enhance a variety of ATLAS software products, including: the customer-facing API, ground site hardware control, realtime/postpass RF chain workflows, constellation scheduling, and many more. You will have opportunities to design new microservices within the ATLAS framework and extend the Freedom architecture. You will also have opportunities to conduct Research & Development on projects acquired through government funded Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants.
- Learn the codebase and improving your coding skills
- Develop new software features and maintain existing code
- Develop new modules and services to extend the ATLAS architecture
- Test and peer review code updates for quality assurance
- Show potential to champion new software projects to enhance the ATLAS system
- Build the codebase with consideration for maintainability and deployability
- Support the Operations team in anomaly investigations and on-call duties
- Document software functionality for ATLAS and customer consumption
- Write extensive unit and integration testing (We are a test driven company)
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, C++, or other programming languages
- Experienced interfacing with a variety of data sources: SQL, NoSQL, RESTful APIs
- Highly motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and organized
- Must possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable about Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge about satellite communications concepts and methods
- 2-5 Years of experience in software development tools
- Location: Traverse City, MI or Work From Home
- Ability to travel up to 4 times per year to headquarters (Traverse City)
- Military veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
ATLAS is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.